Lakesman Half 2019 Terms & Conditions
- An entry refers to payment and a completed application received for either an individual ENTRY or a relay ENTRY for the Lakesman.
- The entrant refers to the individual or relay that has put in an ENTRY for the event.
- The event office is 177 Warwick Rd Carlisle, CA1 1LP
Conditions of Entry
- By entering the Lakesman Triathlon 2019, all applicants are agreeing to abide by our terms and conditions as listed.
- This includes all members of a relay team
- All athletes will be required to show a valid season race licence at registration, and if not they will be required to purchase a day licence at registration for £5. Each member of relay teams will be required to purchase a licence.
- We rely on the details from the ENTRY to process your application. Without accurate information, we will not be able to process your ENTRY.
- All entrants are aware that the nature of the event is physically demanding and that by entering the event they are confirming that they are capable of completing the event and that the organisers will not be held responsible for any injury or illness as a result of their participation.
- The entrant waives and discharges the event organisers from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, their participation in the Event, the following persons or entities: The Event Organisers, Event officials and personnel, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, volunteers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
- I acknowledge and agree that it is my responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to safely participate in the Event, to take out and maintain suitable insurance cover against any injury I might sustain due to my participation
- I accept responsibility for the condition and adequacy of my competition equipment and my conduct in connection with the Event. I understand and acknowledge that there may be vehicle or pedestrian traffic on the course route, and I assume the risk of running, cycling, swimming and/or other portions of this Event and participating under these circumstances.
- I agree to read and abide by the competitive rules adopted by the race sanctioning body, including any competition rules and information in the athlete information guide and any amendments from time to time, and all traffic laws. I agree, if required, to provide proof at registration of membership of a recognised national governing body, or pay an appropriate fee to secure a day licence for the race. I agree that prior to participating in the Event if I believe or become aware that any unsafe conditions exist I will immediately advise the Race Director.
- I hereby consent to receive medical care and treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident or illness to me while participating in the Event by a medical director or any of its agents, employees, volunteers, affiliates and designees, a physician and/or hospital, including full and complete release and disclosure of my protected health information that the race officials may hold.
Confirmation of Entry
- An acceptance email will be sent confirming your ENTRY to the event, from our online payment system if you have entered online. Any postal entries received will be sent a confirmation email from lakesmantri@gmail once their ENTRY is confirmed.
- An up to date entry list will be displayed at www.thelakesman.com
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to inform The Lakesman if any of these details are incorrect so they can be corrected by the time the event closes to entries. Emails to lakesmantri@gmail
- The Lakesman cannot guarantee that any changes can be implemented if they are received after the event has closed for entries.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All Registrations are Non-refundable, however low cost cancellation insurance is added to your entry free of charge.
- The terms of the insurance can be found here
- The insurance is a contract between you and Booking Protect Ltd, and forms no part of your contract with Lakesman 2019.
- Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to withdraw, must do so in writing to the race office via email lakesmantri@gmail or by mail to The Lakesman Triathlon, 177 Warwick RD, Carlisle, CA1 1LP
- It is the athletes’ responsibility to ensure the race office has received any communication. All requests will be responded to. If you do not receive a response from the race office within 7 days of request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by telephone on 07917 616863
- No registration packs, tickets or items associated with the entry to the event will be sent to any competitor who has withdrawn from the event.
Transfer of Entry
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are applicants able to transfer their entry to another year, we may consider a transfer to another athlete if the race is sold out.
- Applicants who no longer wish to take part in the event are required to follow the withdrawals policy.
Race / Event Information
- All information relating to the event will be published on the website www.thelakesman.com any advance changes or alterations to the course or event will also be published on the website as well as the start time. It is the responsibility of all competitors to ensure they are aware of all information relating to the event.
- We endeavour to make sure we provide you with an event that you have entered. Circumstances may be such that we are unable to deliver an event in the format that was expected / advertised. Lakesman Events LTD have the right to change any event without prior notice. In such circumstances competitors will not be eligible for any refunds, whether full or partial, deferrals, or any other financial recompense.
- I understand that I must meet the cut-off times specified on each leg of the course. Should I not meet the specified cut off times then I fully understand that I will be considered withdrawn from the race, my timing chip will be removed by race officials, and I will not be allowed to continue around the course. I understand that I will be listed as “did not finish” – “DNF”.
- Lakesman Events LTD will loan me a timing chip for the duration of the race, and I acknowledge that by picking up this chip I am agreeing that I will return my chip to the race organisers or I will be charged £50.00 for its replacement.
Prizes / Prize money
- The Event Organisers have the absolute discretion in the award of any prizes, prize money or third party prize or award.
- No prizes will be forwarded to any prize winner post event.
- Any uncollected prizes are forfeited and the prize will not be awarded.
- Prizes will be awarded out in age and gender categories
Entrants Information / Photography
- The entrant authorises the use of their name, voice and picture and any information provided on the event entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising. The entrant also agrees that the information provided may be used by the Event Organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the race sponsors products and services.
- The organisers may run special offers or discounts that may run for a period of time. The organisers have the right to withdraw any offer at any time for any reason.
- No offers will be back dated or issued to competitors who may already have entered the event prior to a promotion.
- This is also applicable to any of our associates whether the offer is combined with Lakesman Events LTD or offered solely from our event partners.
Refusal of Entry
- The Lakesman maintain the right to refuse or revoke ENTRY to any entrant entirely at their discretion, where they believe that accepting the ENTRY could prejudice the event, the promoting organisation, their sponsors, associates or staff.
- These terms and conditions will be dealt with under the law of England and Wales. They are your contract with Lakesman Events LTD and partners for the Lakesman Triathlon 2019 only.